Highlighted

What are normal render times?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to editing, but recently i've seen that my render/export times have increased, although i didn't change any settings. It used to take about the same time to export a video as the video was long. Now it takes 30 minutes to export a 15 minute video (In Full HD 1080p 60). 

My PC: Ryzen 7 1800x, 16GB 3000mhz RAM, GTX 1070 TI, Samsung 850 Evo SSD.

Are these normal times? If so, what can i change about my PC to make it noticeably faster? 

These are my settings (maybe they are wrong?) I upload the video to Youtube afterwards. 

adobe.PNG

Topics

Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What are normal render times?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to editing, but recently i've seen that my render/export times have increased, although i didn't change any settings. It used to take about the same time to export a video as the video was long. Now it takes 30 minutes to export a 15 minute video (In Full HD 1080p 60). 

My PC: Ryzen 7 1800x, 16GB 3000mhz RAM, GTX 1070 TI, Samsung 850 Evo SSD.

Are these normal times? If so, what can i change about my PC to make it noticeably faster? 

These are my settings (maybe they are wrong?) I upload the video to Youtube afterwards. 

adobe.PNG

Topics

Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you using GPU acceleration before?

https://youtu.be/l8qte40pykI

I have done a few videos about Intel's Quick Sync but you can now use your GPU for rendering H.264/H.265 with the newest version o Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on where you are posting your video, you will not need more than CBR 16 Mbps for a Full HD export.
Youtube and Vimeo will compress it down to that level anyway, Facebook and Instagram will compress it down to 8 Mbps.

That might help in reducing the export time. Obviously, leaving your system alone and closing down any other unneded tasks will also help.

Another reason for why it has increased can be either a near full SSD, some different effects somewhere, and also as mentioned earlier your system might be nearing full capacity, clearing the cache might help, trying a differen SSD can also help ESPECIALLY if you are exporting to your main drive where your OS and Software are installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Spirare LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do notice difference with bitrate, i used to have 12mbps as youtube recommended, but when switching to 20 clearly saw better quality on the youtube video. I even try to render in 1440p when i have time since that will get youtube to use a different codec, which is a lot better. 

I don't do anything with my system when rendering.  My SSD is only about half full. I just found it weird that times seemed to increase, when i didn't change anything about the video's or settings.

That's why i was curious with a system like mine, if these are normal render times. 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines