Highlighted

What could the reason be for "Replace with After effects composition" to be greyed out?

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the other threads on this subject but they dont seem to apply to me. I have creative cloud with all the updated apps (Premiere, After effects etc) but when I rightclick a mp4 file in timeline in Premiere the  "Replace with After effects composition" is greyed out for some reason. All I done is import MP4 files into the timeline.

I am very new to these programs so the problem could be a obvious one and easy to fix...

Mats

Topics

Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What could the reason be for "Replace with After effects composition" to be greyed out?

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the other threads on this subject but they dont seem to apply to me. I have creative cloud with all the updated apps (Premiere, After effects etc) but when I rightclick a mp4 file in timeline in Premiere the  "Replace with After effects composition" is greyed out for some reason. All I done is import MP4 files into the timeline.

I am very new to these programs so the problem could be a obvious one and easy to fix...

Mats

Topics

Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects must be installed and on the same version of Premiere. It is easiest to do this by making sure that both apps are up to date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are both installed and updated to the latest version via Adobe Creative Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0