Copied

trial version of Premiere Pro -- brand new user

capturing home videos with a Magewell USB capture hdmi gen2

Magewell capture device plugin for Premiere Pro

Windows 10

i5-10400

32 gb ram

nvidia gtx 1660

It seems to capture fine, produces a decent .mov file, exports fine to h264, but the phrase "pretending to capture" makes me wonder if it is working properly.

E5FC7_0-1598040891118.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What does "pretending to capture" mean?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trial version of Premiere Pro -- brand new user

capturing home videos with a Magewell USB capture hdmi gen2

Magewell capture device plugin for Premiere Pro

Windows 10

i5-10400

32 gb ram

nvidia gtx 1660

It seems to capture fine, produces a decent .mov file, exports fine to h264, but the phrase "pretending to capture" makes me wonder if it is working properly.

E5FC7_0-1598040891118.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the Magewell web site 'pretending to capture' appears in their own website screen grabs ... so I suspect it's just a translation or spelling error. They probably meant 'preparing to capture'.

If it works for you and 'actually' captures using their Premiere Pro plugin - then it's likely all good.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 2
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a brilliant answer and I bet you're right! And I am laughing over the unnecessary concern that the message provoked, leaving me in limbo. But now I feel confident and will probably go ahead and subscribe to Premiere Pro.

thanks so much for your time!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From now on I'll tell clients I'm 'pretending to edit' or 'pretending to render'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha - yeah!  Keep 'em guessing!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked Magewell Support to confirm your suspicion, but it sounds like it's an Adobe issue after all. Here is Magewell's reply:

"I have checked with development team. They told us only file name(“Untitled Clip 01.mov”) and duration(“00:00:04:43”) are provided by our plugin. Other text is provided by Premiere.

Best Regards,

Pan.Qian"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please file a(nother) bug with Magewell. Adobe engineering indicates that the company check Adobe SDK documentation and guidelines. Magewell should contact Adobe if they have any questions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0