• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Timecode

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am trying to lay source timecode onto clips in timeline, something I have done often.

Now timecode is no longer in Time in the effects panel, but has disappeared into

obsolete. I did not put it there. Also when I lay on this timeline effect the time code number is wrong!

Please advise

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timecode is soon to be replaced with the New Metadata & Timecode Burn-in effect

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-new-metadata-amp-timecode-burn-in-effect/m-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe insist on "improving" features that are working just fine as they are? Timecode worked just fine. What was so wrong with Legacy Titles that it needed to be replaced?  Now I need to relearn basic titling?  For every "improvement" created, ten other items develop bugs. I've been running 15.2 for the past month, and have been regularly crashing. Gotten to the point where I'm hitting "Save" after every operation so as not to lose any work I've done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apps change as both the tech behind them and the userbase change over time. Will never stop, and any app that did would end up dying.

For example, The Old Titler. It was some of the oldest, most antiquated code in PrPro. It had to be rebuilt from the ground up anyway, so they created a new system which for many users/workflows is as good or better. The new EGP process needs some things ... such as the shape library for crying out loud, why they ever started a GRAPHICS workspace without one is beyond me. I've been at them about that here and in-person at NAB and MAX ever since the EGP was "born".

And yea, we need to be able to store graphics with a project file as so often the ARE project based. The Libraries and Local Folders are great for ones you use across projects, but so many pro workflows use very specific graphics per project.

The new timecode has some folks thoroughly pleased because it will have more of the options they need. Go over to the Public Beta link that Ann put in her post. Read the stuff on it, and make your thoughts known. Unlike this forum, the engineers do follow the public beta comments closely.

And if you're crashing that much, I'm wondering what's going on. Totally stable on my Win10 rigs, an Acer laptop w/2080 and a 24-core Ryzen desktop with 2080Ti.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines