Highlighted

¿What happened with some NVIDIA cards? The latest driver is incompatible with Premiere and CUDA

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friends,

¿What happened with some NVIDIA cards? The latest driver is incompatible with Premiere and GPU accelerator CUDA. I have read similar cases in the forum, but the answers and solutions have been imprecises.

Premiere Pro reports on a "driver incompatibility". Upgrading to the latest available version of the driver for my card (Driver 452.06, GeForce 940 MX) no longer available hardware acceleration" for export with CUDA.

Driver: 452.06
GeForce 940 MX

I already did a clean installation of the recent NVIDIA driver and the situation remains.

¿What's the reason? A day ago CUDA worked great.
¿What do you suggest to solve it?

Thank you all!!

Andrés

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

¿What happened with some NVIDIA cards? The latest driver is incompatible with Premiere and CUDA

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friends,

¿What happened with some NVIDIA cards? The latest driver is incompatible with Premiere and GPU accelerator CUDA. I have read similar cases in the forum, but the answers and solutions have been imprecises.

Premiere Pro reports on a "driver incompatibility". Upgrading to the latest available version of the driver for my card (Driver 452.06, GeForce 940 MX) no longer available hardware acceleration" for export with CUDA.

Driver: 452.06
GeForce 940 MX

I already did a clean installation of the recent NVIDIA driver and the situation remains.

¿What's the reason? A day ago CUDA worked great.
¿What do you suggest to solve it?

Thank you all!!

Andrés

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 11, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's why:

CUDA support for your GPU, which is in reality a cut-down version of a first-gen Maxwell-archtecture GPU that dated all the way back to the GTX 750 and GTX 750 Ti that was introduced in the first half of 2014, is now no longer supported any more beginning with the 14.3.2 version of Premiere Pro. All remaining Kepler and first-gen Maxwell parts such as yours had already been depreciated by Nvidia itself back when the first 440-series driver was introduced in Fall 2019. Full hardware support for CUDA 11 is now required for Premiere Pro 14.3.2. Unfortunately, your GPU is only supported in CUDA 11 in a depreciated state (locked to CUDA 10.1 level), which is missing a few features that are now required.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0