• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is a "low-level exception", and why am I seeing it?

Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.  Mac OS 10.13.6, PPro 2020 (14.1.0)

Working on a massive project, taking footage from 8 different television stations (and their varying formats, etc.). I've been seeing this pop up when I open sequences in a couple of the projects producers have sent me:

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 9.36.27 AM.png

OK. Besides being a rather useless piece of 'information" in and of itself, it gives me no clue as to WHICH of the dozens of clips in the seqeunce are causing this.

To fill in the circumstances a bit, I've seen this message show up when the sequences contain clips whose format Premiere doesn't seem to like (some flavors of AVCHD or AVC-Intra seem to cause this)

So Adobe, if it's important enough to create a janky red graphic and a warning, why isn't it important enough to point to the clip that causes this? And is there something in 2020 that doesn't like AVC-Intra? And does anyone else have suggestions? I've seen "reset preferences" mentioned in other similar posts. WHICH preferences?

Thanks, I'll hang up and wait for my answer.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?