Highlighted

What is best way to remove Haze from Video Footage in Premiere 2020

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a load of hazy footage taken across water on a boat trip back in February that needs some treatment !.

I did a search on the web to see best way to remove haze in Premiere 2020 but results are a bit lacking apart from an old Premiere Elements 15 effect that had this !!!

This would be a very useful feature to have ....yes ?

I saw the post on the Forum about using Cineon effect, it works but but this causes a major headache when you have to render multiple 4K clips and I am exporting ProRes 422 previews to speed up final export.

I did find a very clever trick posted on You Tube using Blend Modes/Opacity however which doesn't need rendering.

This works quite well, but would like to know if anyone else has any words of wisdom/advice to help de-haze footage. Lumetri Effects just don't do it.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is best way to remove Haze from Video Footage in Premiere 2020

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a load of hazy footage taken across water on a boat trip back in February that needs some treatment !.

I did a search on the web to see best way to remove haze in Premiere 2020 but results are a bit lacking apart from an old Premiere Elements 15 effect that had this !!!

This would be a very useful feature to have ....yes ?

I saw the post on the Forum about using Cineon effect, it works but but this causes a major headache when you have to render multiple 4K clips and I am exporting ProRes 422 previews to speed up final export.

I did find a very clever trick posted on You Tube using Blend Modes/Opacity however which doesn't need rendering.

This works quite well, but would like to know if anyone else has any words of wisdom/advice to help de-haze footage. Lumetri Effects just don't do it.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience dehazing depends on the clip.

Sometimes Cineon effect works better then blending modes and v.v.

There is also one with black&white and invert.

AeScripts.com has a plugin for Pr. Tried it but is not gpu accelerated eventhough is says it does.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blend Mode/Opacity combined with Lumetri should help

If you can post the clip, maybe we can take a try at it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
JonesVid LATEST
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann / Christian for replies.

I have quite a few clips to post so not really practical.

The footage was taken on quite a dull but hazy day across water on our trip to Halong Bay Vietnam back in early February.

We were hoping for nice sunny weather but alas no.

Ann - I did find the technique on You Tube for adding an inverted Black and White layer / Blend/Opacity modes - which seems to work quite well and has the added bonus of not requiring rendering.

I think I will use that technique for now to try to improve the footage as much as possible, but it will not be that great.

Thanks again for your input.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0