What is happening with Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything has been working super smooth and fine. Today I opened my file and it was missing some text I added at the end. I loaded an auto-save file that was the correct file and from there on out the program has stopped working little by little.

First it stopped reading my .tif files which contain the text saying the media is pending. Then it crashed repeatedly. Then I updated to the most recent update, it didn't help. I tried to create a new project and copy and paste the old sequence into a new sequence and it won't play at all. 

WTF! what's going on? Everything was going fine and my deadline is TOMORROW!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
ellie annf93640304 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled the program and reinstalled. I've cleared the preferences and reset the plug-in cache. The main two repeating issues I'm noticing other than just completely bazaar things is...

1) I can't not import or view any still images. In the original file I had .tif files containing text with transparency. When I first opened the project file today, those files where missing. I opened an auto-save file which had the files and that's when the whole program completely fell apart.

since then I've saved different versions of .tif files, .png files, .PSD files and .jpg files. Sometimes the .jpg file is readable but 90% of the time all still images are fine on my computer and when I import them they just say "media pending" over yellow. If I click on them too much the whole program freezes.

2) EVERY time I try to quit Premiere to restart the program freezes and I have to force quit to get it to shut down.

The current software on Premiere is 14.8.0

The current software on my apple Macbook Pro is 10.15.6

I didn't do anything to my Mac prior to these issues. I was working on this file yesterday and everything was working great. I opened it today, I had not updated at that point, and it wasn't working. What is going on. Please some one help. My deadline was tonight/first thing tomorrow morning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more