• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best 4k video export for professional use?

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally don't like to use the "Youtube 4k" preset because this will be viewing for an advertisement company and I want the highest quality. 

I'm exporing this client video for 4k res and scince they want the highest quality possible I exported the 26min file with:

H.264

Match source - Adaptive Highest bitrate

Render in maximum depth

2vbr passes

Traget bit: 15

Render at maximum quality

Estimated file size: 10gb

And the exported video is definitely in a very good quality but majority of the clips will glitch, lag, choppy. Especially the transitions  like fade in-fade, animation, etc. It does have drone shots that always lags so bad!

I tried multiple troubleshooting from sequence settings to file settings and it either errors or it will render but IT TAKES SO LONG!

Idk if this makes sense anymore bc I'm at it for the past few days and I'm stressing out here. Please help 😞

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To quick things up start by un-checking "Render at Maximum Depth" and "Use Maximum Quality" unless you know what they do and that you actually need them. Few people need to check any of those boxes. Read more here: What are those check boxes doing?

Start there and if it still lags you must provide more info about the source video such as which camera/s created it, sequence settings, exact version of Premiere Pro. Without that info we can only guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do try that once I got to my office tomorrow. THANK YOU!

The video files are a mix of: 

Canon EOS R

Panasonic

Go Pro Hero 8

DJI Drone Phantom

GH5

Plus a mix of 24, 25, 30 fps

then mix of 4096x2160 and 3840x2160

which is a TOTAL nightmare for editors.

Unfortunately, I have no access to their settings since they're filming around different countries then sending us the video files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw I'm running on the latest Premiere Pro and this is my sequence settings:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the exported video is definitely in a very good quality but majority of the clips will glitch, lag, choppy. Especially the transitions  like fade in-fade, animation, etc. It does have drone shots that always lags so bad!

By @Angelica Amora

The few times i mix framerates i always aim to use the highest available for the Sequence i edit in if i have that option. For example, if you have a 23,976 timeline and add 30 fps footage you will drop/remove 6 frames/second and that will be visible/choppy. If you do the opposite, add 23,976 footage in a 30 fps Sequence you won´t drop any frames and when playing back it will look way better and most of the times impossible to even notice.

In short, if i had the footage you have i would have edited it in a 30 fps sequence. If the client demands 23,976 things get´s worse. But why do they demand that becomes the question. Because they have "heard" that 23,976 is "better" than 30 fps, or?

From what you describe you have lot´s of issues going on, can you post a short video when the footage glitches, lag, choppy, transitions, animation, etc and drone shots?

One other thing to rule out is if any of the footage use variable frame rate instead of the preferred constant frame rate. You can use MediaInfo to check the footage. Variable frame rate cause some of the issues you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so helpful wow ok that make sense, will surely do this for my future projects and see for myself. Thanks again! I will attach it here but I'm currently in quarantine. Stay safe! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max depth and max render will add significant time to the export, and as Roger already mentioned most of the time you don't need it.

Professional use as in broadcast? Or do you mean something else?

If you want a good master file you can use Prores or Cineform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for responding! will definitely try that tomorrow. What's the Best setting for ProRes? I think I have tried that in the past but it gave me an MOV. file and my computer "do not support" to play so I needed to import it to premiere to view it. I'm new to this 4k file exporting and quality check bc It was never something I have handled before and seriously mind when uploading to social media like Youtube. 

From my understanding, this client is gonna play it through - more likely -  2k res TV for viewing and continuous play through screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are my presets that I use, and I always get a good result!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would be helpful to find out what the company is expecting.

Usually, it's best to find out what specs the company wishes as the end result before you begin a project. If they are not specific, then you can give them a specific deliverable and have them sign off on that up front. This can save you hours of frustration in optimizing your workflow ahead of time, not at the back end of the project. Basically, you fix all those glitch errors in the import process, often transcoding or modifying frame rates, etc. via the Interpret Footage command. Basically, solving problems upfront so you don't have to deal with them in the export process.

As you can see, not having delivery specs up front can leave you scrambling and stressed out at the end of the edit. 

Hope we can help you.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see the target bit at 15. 150 mbps would be better for 4K. 15mbps would good for HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines