• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best software for creating SCC/MCC files for closed captioning in Premiere pro?

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experiemented with the demo version of MacCaption to create SCC/MCC files that I am importing into Premiere Pro for Closed Captioning. It seems to work okay, but before I purchase it I was wondering if it is the best software choice for my workflow? Would anyone recommend something different? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Avary.s

I am keen to hear your final outcome?

I am at present studying the 'how tos' on adding Subtitles and Captions within PP CS6. Not much info out there!

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The project I was referring to was an eLearning project which I created in

Captivate 5.5 with slide video containing subtitles. To avoid purchasing

new software, we ended up going a different route for subtitles, and

instead used Closed Captions inside of Captivate. You don't have as much

control over how your titles appear, but it worked well for our needs.

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful, but my guess is that you are not using

Captivate as part of your work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PMJI, but I recently started using a program called Subtitle Edit (http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/) not to be confused with another program called Subtitle Editor. 

Subtitle Edit is open source, full featured and supports dozens of file types(in/out and convert).  I use it in conjunction with our Accordent(now Polycom) Capture Station webinar systems.  I haven't used in conjunction with AdobeCS products yet, but it does list Encore and Captivate in it's I/O list.  It's definitely worth a look-see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm working on Premiere Pro CS5.5 and I tried to use Subtitle Edit v3.3.14. It doesn't work... I export subtitles in .SCC but when I import in my adobe software, I see the subtitle only on 1 frame? Where does it come from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines