• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the replacement for the "obsolete" Timecode effect?

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere 15.1.0 (Build 48), the Timecode effect has now been moved to the "Obsolete" folder, but I don't see an apparent replacement for it.   Hopefully there is one, but what is it and where do I find it?  

Yes, I know that the effect still works, but I'm looking ahead to the day when it disappears entirely.

Thanks in advance...

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

15.2 beta !!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response!   Unfortunately, the link shows the "Metadata" effect under the "Video Effects/Video" folder, and that does not appear in my Premiere build....   Any idea where it has gone?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15.2 beta !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that would explain it.   Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the engineers noted on the public beta discussion that you can add mulitple instances of the new TC effect, set to different things, and then save them together as a preset. So you can have say three different things showing in TC at once. And quickly apply to new sequences.

There's also a request to allow an audio track to be chosen for setting the TC ... and when the engineer asked why, well ... um ... because the SOUND track is how so many shoots are sent TC these days. So there may well be a sound track that is the master TC sync for the whole shoot.

Oh ... they hadn't caught that. So ... maybe soon, we'll also get the ability to pull TC from the audio TC generated signal.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beta version doesn't work for me, there is only a display shown on releasing the mouse when clicking on any parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines