Highlighted

What is this secondary In/Out and how do I get rid of it?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this weird feature that popped up somehow while I was editing several clips for broadcast.

It's a secondary In/Out on my timeline, which overrides the normal in/out for my sequence for rendering and exporting. Any idea what the purpose of this is? And more importantly, how do I disable it? It's driving me crazy!

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 1.16.02 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

are you talking about the workarea bar.  you turn it on and off in the menu that's accessed by the 3 horizontal lines just to the right of your sequence name in the timeline.  And when you go to the sequence menu, instead of it saying render to in to out it says render entire workareaScreen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.23.24 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is this secondary In/Out and how do I get rid of it?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this weird feature that popped up somehow while I was editing several clips for broadcast.

It's a secondary In/Out on my timeline, which overrides the normal in/out for my sequence for rendering and exporting. Any idea what the purpose of this is? And more importantly, how do I disable it? It's driving me crazy!

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 1.16.02 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

are you talking about the workarea bar.  you turn it on and off in the menu that's accessed by the 3 horizontal lines just to the right of your sequence name in the timeline.  And when you go to the sequence menu, instead of it saying render to in to out it says render entire workareaScreen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.23.24 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 2
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thing threw me off when I first encountered it too, hah. Edited for years without ever knowing about it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you worked in aftereffects at all, you'd know as. you're sort of forced to deal with it...  Gotta say if you want to get good at premiere (or almost any program) you need to explore the menus and if you don't know what something does, never hurts to look it up.   I love premiere, but don't always think the interface makes a lot of sense from an intuitive point of view.  took me a while to figure out how to change the starting timecode of a sequence...  in my head it should be in sequence settings...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! There's always something to learn with Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0