Highlighted

WHAT. IS. WRONG. WITH THIS SOFTWARE??

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have been using premiere for quite a while. for some reason since the new update there are WAY more problems than this software already had.

I'm trying to edit 1080p 30FPS video (video game) on my computer:
Ryzen 1500x quad core
rx 470 8gb
24 RAM
and footage is on my NVME SSD. (Speed of 4000 mb) 

why do I get every 3 sec frame lose? everything in the cache is clear,
I have plenty of space on the drive,
Windows up to date,
TEMP Folder is empty aswell.
I used to edit 4k footage with less problems than now...
I'm getting frustrated from this software... especially cause I bought 1 year and I don't want to waste the money.

Any tips? or do I have to take the pain and loose money (all this time taken by the software's problems makes me work slower)

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

WHAT. IS. WRONG. WITH THIS SOFTWARE??

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have been using premiere for quite a while. for some reason since the new update there are WAY more problems than this software already had.

I'm trying to edit 1080p 30FPS video (video game) on my computer:
Ryzen 1500x quad core
rx 470 8gb
24 RAM
and footage is on my NVME SSD. (Speed of 4000 mb) 

why do I get every 3 sec frame lose? everything in the cache is clear,
I have plenty of space on the drive,
Windows up to date,
TEMP Folder is empty aswell.
I used to edit 4k footage with less problems than now...
I'm getting frustrated from this software... especially cause I bought 1 year and I don't want to waste the money.

Any tips? or do I have to take the pain and loose money (all this time taken by the software's problems makes me work slower)

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro can be a pain in the butt. That being said what graphics card do you have and can you show us the stats? We need to see what is happening under the hood. A video would be best but a screen shot will work. The video below might be helpful.

https://youtu.be/Q-fpynuJCwQ

This video tutorial show the best setting for Premiere Pro on Mac and PC including CUDA, Open CL., Quick Sync and ASIO.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another one, I'm trying to finish video and find myself for 3 hours straight fighting with the software to work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_ZK4nUU6Y&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen captures usually have a variable frame rate which premiere has problems with (and so do I).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-issues-with-screen-recorded-footage-in-premiere-pro/...

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny story, 
I already used handbrake to convert from .webm to mp4.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Averdahl LATEST
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Soupycat  Your 1080p timeline has a frame rate of 53.15 fps. So if you have converted the footage to 50 fps your timeline should be 50 fps as well. Mis-matching is never good. The question is: Did you just convert the footage as is or did you conver it to Constant Frame Rate. What does the Frame Rate column in the Project panel read for the 1080p footage. Post a screen dump here.

I did also notice that you open multiple projects. That may have been just for the videos you posted, but avoid it since it demands system resources. For the 1080p footage, use a proxy workflow: Proxy Workflow in Adobe Premiere Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0