• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's wrong with my Premiere Pro Exporting settings?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've chosen my Lacie to export to, which has about 100 GB available, and have chosen my scratch locations for the same external hardrive. But  after a few minutes of exporting, Premiere Pro gives an error message saying disc is full, which obviously it is not.

What's wrong? 

screenshots attatched.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 5.35.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 5.38.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 5.36.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 5.36.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 5.37.32 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please drag/drop those images directly onto your text reply area, so the images show in your post. This method requires others to download strange files to their computer ... not something a lot of people are comfortable with.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh, ok will do. It would  have been helpful if the Adobe website said as much when i posted them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea there's several things a bit more information for the users would be helpful on.

Including that Premiere needs 4-5 times the final size of the expected output file clear in order to do the export. You are running a bit full on those drives, that might be it right there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, i don't think i'm understanding you. The top drive in the  photo, the one on  the PowerBook, isn't the one i selected in the other photos, meaning the Lacie. So are you saying that 97 Giga Bits on the Lacie isn't enough to  output a 25 min video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depends on the size of the final file. I've had exported files that were 20GB and more, and that size of an export would be problematic with only 97GB available. Within the 4-5x range.

This is one possibility remember, not definitive statement for this export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines