Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What sequence preset should I use to edit 4k

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am new to editing with 4k footage and was hoping for some guidance on what sequence preset to use (or if it matters). Currently I use DBX RGB 444 1080p 23.976

I would love for it to keep the quality when I export it.

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi Maddie D,

There are multiple options here for getting the suitable sequence settings for the media type you are using.

You may either simply first import the media into the project bin/panel and then right click on it and select New Sequence From Clip.

This will automatically create a sequence based on the settings of the media file used.

In case you want to create the sequence first and then import the media files in the project bin/panel or the timeline. Then you may follow these steps.

• Once you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either drag a clip to the empty timeline or New Item icon at the bottom of the Project window to make a matching sequence.

Quality of the export depends on the export settings.

What is the final destination of the movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slideroom or some other file sharing service. It is to apply to colleges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maddie D,

There are multiple options here for getting the suitable sequence settings for the media type you are using.

You may either simply first import the media into the project bin/panel and then right click on it and select New Sequence From Clip.

This will automatically create a sequence based on the settings of the media file used.

In case you want to create the sequence first and then import the media files in the project bin/panel or the timeline. Then you may follow these steps.

• Once you have created/opened the project, you may click on File>New>Sequence
  • Then from the New Sequence window which opens, you may select one of the 4K presets based on the resolution and the frame rate of your media. You may find one of the suitable presets for your media-resolution and frame rate under DNxHR > 4K  or RED R3D > 4K or HD4K

Also, your export settings would be governed by the fact where the exported media would be finally delivered.

Usually, for exporting 4K media for web-based services you may use h.264 as format and use Vimeo or YouTube 2160p 4K Ultra HD preset. In case if the exported media is supposed to be used for the archival purpose or for further grading then you may use other formats and codecs which are less compressed like DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a format if on Windows and Quicktime format with Prores codec if on Mac.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting my 4K 23.976 to a red 4khd and when I export the audio is out of sync any clue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on how I can jerry rig an old Adobe Premiere Elements installation to use Red R3d presets? I'm super curious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the highest preset resolution is 1920x1080@30 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines