• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What speed to not go above or below when working with 60fps speed ramps?

Engaged ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 60fps clips interpreted to 23.976 and am experimenting with speed ramps. Unfortunately my setup is not quite fast enough to play back in real time so I am unable to determine if what I am doing is playing back not smoothly due to the computer or what I am doing.

1. Is there a certain speed increase I should not go above based on the 60fps? I increased a segment to 210% 

2. Is there a certain speed decrease I should not go below basd on the 60fps? I went as low as 15%.

Thanks

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed ramping up is usually not a problem as the software just removes frames, reducing speed to put the framerate below the sequence framerate will produce jittery video. I would not go below 40% I think for 60fps to 24fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying there should not be a problem increasing the speed to whatever I want, though I should not decrease below 40%?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines