• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What steps were taken to make this effect?

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We hired a company to edit a video for us. We have since moved on from working with them and I want to re-create the effect they did for the ending of my video. I want to insert a new logo. What steps make the banner appear only as the dancer passes over an area? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nu03bK0zjE

I am new to Premiere Pro but am excited to learn more about how to do simple and complex effects. 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have the dancer probably on V1, and the logo/graphics clip on V2. They used a mask on the graphics on V2 with a soft edge (feather) keyframed to reveal the graphics as the dancer passed 'by' them. So the mask starts covering the whole clip and moves left with the dancer's motion ... leaving the graphic clip showing and the video gone.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I will give those steps a try. I am new to the software and will watch some masking videos online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also referance this video as a suplement to the information shared by Neil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw7qBCA6gMk 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines