WHAT THE ????

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why I'm STILL paying $50/month for a program that doesnt work. I have a very fast and capable computer and premiere crashes every 30 seconds to five minutes. I dont get it.... Its been like this for so long I keep thinking maybe this update will fix it and it gets worse and worse. I wish I had the time to sit down and learn a new editing software. I'm at my witts end... I open a project, CRASH... Finally get into a timeline, crashes on autosave, crashes on titling, crashes on lumetri.. Seriously Adobe??? How can you charge so much for a product that BARELY works... I feel even worse for the people who dont have access to a $4,000 computer build... There is no reason this should happening... FIX YOUR CRAP!!!!

[Title edited to remove profanity... Mod]

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

WHAT THE ????

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why I'm STILL paying $50/month for a program that doesnt work. I have a very fast and capable computer and premiere crashes every 30 seconds to five minutes. I dont get it.... Its been like this for so long I keep thinking maybe this update will fix it and it gets worse and worse. I wish I had the time to sit down and learn a new editing software. I'm at my witts end... I open a project, CRASH... Finally get into a timeline, crashes on autosave, crashes on titling, crashes on lumetri.. Seriously Adobe??? How can you charge so much for a product that BARELY works... I feel even worse for the people who dont have access to a $4,000 computer build... There is no reason this should happening... FIX YOUR CRAP!!!!

[Title edited to remove profanity... Mod]

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ranting or do you want help, if so

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I'm ranting. Cust support says its my computer. i7, 2080 Super, 32gb RAM. Ive followed all of the troubleshooting steps that were given to me. Nothing has worked. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ONLY thing I havent done is reinstall windows... If a program is so broken that you have to legit reinstall windows to get it to work right again, then I feel like that should be evidence enough to the devs as to how buggy this program can be. Like I mentioned, this all started happening after v14. Ive edited on many different desktops, some were my own, some were $15,000 studio rigs. Ive NEVER had a project NOT crash more than 5-10 times when using Premiere, with any version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I'm working in Premiere without issues...  lots of things can cause issues some of which are adobe's fault, some of them are not.  Premiere is an extremely complex program and it's unrealistic to expect Adobe to test updates on an infinite number of combinations of OS and hardware...   Back in the day, Avid Media Composer was a turnkey system where Avid supplied hardware and software in a turnkey package.  Things still went wrong when there were updates...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am jealous, I have been having issues since v14. I liked premiere when it worked. But I personally don't have any professional colleagues who still use any adobe products other than Photoshop (which works great on my desktop) Most everyone I know has moved on the Davinci. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I don't find DaVinci resolve's editing interface as flexible or efficient as Premiere.    Did you check to make sure your system meets minimum specs?

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

Unfortunately, updates often require more powerful hardware to work properly.  If you're willing to spend the time and effort, we can try and troubleshoot your system, but first tell us your system specs and read the links that Ann and John have posted.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, here's the link for the page describing minimum specs 

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted it above, but i7-10700, 2080 Super, 32gb RAM. Ive tried every troubleshooting step possible with the exception of reinstalling windows, I think thats just an absurd thing to ask a user to do. I have way too much money invested into my Desktop and this program for it not to be working. Ive even tried rolling back to the last 6 builds of Premiere with not much luck. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your graphics card and is it listed on the minimum specs page and if so, do you have the latest driver installed?  And although there are many things to do before doing a system reinstall, things can get corrupted and sometimes that's just what ya gotta do.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2080. Everything is up to date. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>2080. Everything is up to date.

What is that... AMD or nVidia or ???

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.  Kyle, troubleshooting from a distance is not easy and it needs to be approached in a systematic fashion.  If you are willing to spend the time, we're here.  For the most part, we're just fellow travellers here (in a non political sense - I think) so at least I don't always have the ability to drop everything and I can't always remember all the details of the thread..  but post back and we'll see what we can do...  .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0