Highlighted

what to do with completed project

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I complete my project, what do I do to the clips that I imported?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

what to do with completed project

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I complete my project, what do I do to the clips that I imported?

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually delete the project and then go to OS and delete all the original files. If it was a big project I also delete the cache files. Keeps everything neat ... no left over junk.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the File menu is a choice for "Project Archiver"  It has a couple options, but will put your project on a storage disk with media copies.   

A lot of photographers and vidoegraphers never discard their source work.   Storage media has become pretty cheap!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is simply a large text file in I think html form. All that it is are references to the media used connecting to where the media "lives" on that computer, and the effects within Premiere used on the sequences in the project. It doesn't include any media or other "physical" assets in the project file itself.

So you have a project file of the work done, and the folders of the original media on disc. That's all.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines