• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What version of Premiere Pro for my Mac?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I was trying to download the free trial of PP, and it wouldn't load.  Apparently my computer is older and the processor is out-dated.  What past versions can I use for my computer, and how do I get it?  (I had updated my operating software to Catalina 10.15.7)

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Processor 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk  Macintosh HD

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Serial Number .......

Thank you!

TOPICS
Formats , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different browser.

My mac is older then your but I am able to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.

I tried a different browser ... still same, it gets to the installer, then when I double-click it, it flashes, then nothing else happens.  Doesn't download.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got a similar machine but without retina running high sierra with premiere 2019 running without issues, and 2020 (14.0) without the ability to display the lumetri scopes (not a deal breaker for me).  Try going to system preferences, users and groups and creating a new user with administirative privileges and log in to the new account and see if that solves your problem...  do you have an external monitor connected?  you might try removing it until you've successfully installed.  Try disconnecting and peripherals and see if that makes a difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines