• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whats first? Time Remap or Warp Stabalize?

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

So I've been doing so work with time remapping and warp stabilizing. I have been nesting the slip with one effect then apply the other effect to the nested comp. I was curious if anyone knew the optimal way to do this as far as the order goes? Meaning is it better to first time remap the clip to your liking and then nest and warp stabilize? or is it better to warp stabilize the original clip and normal speed, nest that and then time remap the already stabilized clip. I have been time remapping and then stabilizing after but didn't know if there was a definite way this should be done. Please let me know your thoughts and link me to any possible source that could help.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

There is no definitely way:

Personally I would do the time remapping first then warp.

I might even consider exporting the time remapping to an intermediate codec (e.g. Cineform), import and then warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no definitely way:

Personally I would do the time remapping first then warp.

I might even consider exporting the time remapping to an intermediate codec (e.g. Cineform), import and then warp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on whether you are Speeding up or slowing down the clip? Or doing variable timing. It also depends on the content. How fast is it moving? How fast is the camera moving etc. As. General rule I tend to stabilise first and then do time remapping after on the nested comp. as you can imagine, trying to stabilise footage that is playing at double Speed is going to be a Different challenge from stabilising footage played in slow motion. Particulalry if you use frame blending like optical flow to create intermediate frames. Also, you have more control over both of these processes in After Effects. You can achieve this by using Dynamic Link to send your clips yon AE for processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have simmilar issue.

Half clip I have Optical flow, half Frame sampling.

I cant analyse separate,because another scales,..

When I analyse whole Optical flow, then divide, frame sampling part have problem -shaking,

When I analyse whole frame sampling, then divide, Optical flow part have problem - shaking

How can I advance?Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vladom,

Is there a specific reason you are doing half optical flow and half frame sampling? Instead of just choosing one? Also if you “nest“ each clip individually (right click > Nest) then you should be able to “warp stabilize each clip individually regardless of scale properties. If the warp is to much because the footage is so shakey, be sure to adjust the “smoothness” in the effects panel. A lot of time I will drop this down to 2% or 5% which will still give you a much more steady camera move while eliminating a lot of the warp created at the default of 50%. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

reason is, that for 4K 25P(only) when fast object to far, OF is ok. When close , i need FS for video artifacts. For sport scene 25 P FS 4K is not usable. But is another forum.

When I nest video, I cant use efects, because multiple clips are selected?

Or have I only select 2 clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do the time remapping first which gives staiblizing more footage to work with but takes much longer to analyse the clips ! Then after staiblizing I would trim and do the final time remapping to match the fading parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines