• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When a command is removed on a keyboard shortcut it still does that command

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've been editing in Adobe Premiere 2020 for a while now, and I'm trying to edit some gameplay. One of the things I do often when editing gameplay is that I move the screen to track something by creating position keyframes every few frames. Usually, I try to use the left and right arrow shortcuts to move frame by frame, but whenever I'm selecting something in the Program Monitor panel, it doesn't move the frames forward and instead moves the selected thing left and right by one pixel.

To fix this, I tried removing the function on the left and right arrows to move the selection right and left by one pixel. I successfully removed those, but whenever I press OK and try to move frame by frame while selecting the Program Monitor panel, it still moves the selection left and right. I've been searching on a way to fix this and I haven't found anything yet. If someone could help, that would be great.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attachment.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_5.png

Apologies. Here it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, none of these worked. I've done both and now I'm experiencing an entirely different problem where if I try to render anything on my timeline, an error box will show up saying this.

unknown.png

I've tried several things, including making a new sequence and copying over all the things inside the previous sequence. When I do this, it does let me render but all of the settings are wrong, the frame size is wrong and is unchangeable, and more problems. I figured out that this is the sequence settings so I made a new sequence doing the same thing but I set all the settings as the original settings. But when I do this I can't render it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't really know what media I would use, because I have gameplay I'm editing and edits above that such as text. I put my gameplay into MediaInfo and selected tree. I hope this is what you meant.Screenshot_6.png

As for Hand brake, I've checked inside Adobe Premiere Pro and it says the frame rate is constant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure when you have a keyframe selected, Left/Right/Up/Down is hardcoded to only move the keyframe, not your position on the timeline. You might have success remapping your move forward/backward one frame key, for example to Page Up/Page Down like in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines