• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When adding cross dissolve to adjustment layer, video adds freeze frame...?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to try to explain this simply...

I have three videos, each with their own audio and their own adjustment layer (for color correction).

Between video 1 and 2, I can cross dissolve both video 1 to video 2, and adj layer 1 to adj layer 2, exponential fade from audio 1 to audio 2. Everything is fine. Transitions exactly the way I want.  (In this case, both videos are small cuts of longer footage)

Now, between video 2 and video 3, a cross dissolve won't work (figured that out after a moment of being very dumb) because video 3 needs to start right at the beginning... nothing to "cross" dissolve from. So, manual dissolve. Works fine. Expo fade in audio, fine.

But, because of how I did the color correcting on adjustment layers, I have to cross dissolve them as well.  Worked last time.

... and this is where I'm utterly confused.

When I apply a cross dissolve between adjustment layer 2 and 3, for some reason I do not understand, in the transition there is a freeze frame of the middle of video 3 that lasts until the end of the transition, wherein video 3 resumes as normal.  It's as if video 2 is being cross dissolved from just one frame of video 3. And a frame somewhere in the middle of it.

This doesn't make sense to me.  The adjustment layer isn't linked with the video at all.  It's just color correction. How and why is it affecting the video playback?

I have to find a solution tonight, so I'll probably end up doing something different (like just adding the color correction to the video), but I'm very curious as to what is happening.  If you need more information, just let me know.  I'm saving this file independently just to try to figure how what's happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to find a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to solve this exact situation. One of your cross dissolve layers has a High Dynamic Range Keyframe added to it. You probably accidentally checked the High Dynamic Range setting somewhere along the way and it created a keyframe, causing (for some unknown reason) a freeze frame to occur for the length of the transition. Simply delete that key frame and you will be back to normal! I'm sure you've moved on from this, since it's been two years, but I hope this helps someone else in the future! Screenshot (116).pngScreenshot (115).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines