• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When applying a LUT Lumetri Color crashed with (AEVideoFilter:11) Premiere Pro CC

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro and CC have some problems since a few weeks. The CC18 version was running perfectly. From one day to the next i had this problem. A low-level-exception is occurred in: Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:11) Whenever i add a lut to creative in lumetri. These are luts that have been working for years. I haven't changed anything in the program. CC2019 has the same problem. The project I worked on partly over 4 weeks with the luts. No problem for weeks and then one day came this error. Get this not by google solved. Meanwhile I have this also with new projects.

Restarting the MAC doesn´t help

Changing renderer to software only doesn´t help.

Anybody can help?
Working on Mac Pro 2013. Mojave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that did not helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i add a lut to creative in lumetri.

That sounds like you add LUTs to the Program/Package folders .... which is a complete no-no. Never ever add your own LUTs to the Program/Package file area!

These are luts that have been working for years.

That could be another issue ... where did you get those LUTs, and what form are they?

LUT/Look Use in Adobe Video Apps

Premiere, AfterEffects, and MediaEncoder all "ship" with the same exact set of LUTs in the program/Adobe/Premiere (or whichever app)/LUTS/[Creative] or [Technical] folders.

And all three apps refer to files in those folders in a relative reference manner. Just like spreadsheet programs ... that use "relative reference" for something four rows down and two files over, and "absolute references" for named specific cells. So the Adobe apps do NOT look at the names of the LUTs/Looks in the program/package file folders, only their relative position in the folder.

In the current version, SL BIG is the 13th LUT/Look in the Creative tab's dropdown list. If you use that LUT, Premiere thinks of it as "the 13th LUT in the Creative Tab folder", and NOT as "SL BIG.itx".

Think about that ... you add anything to any of the three app's Lumetri/LUTs/ ... folder tree, you're changing the order, therefore which it accesses, but only for that one app. NOT for the other three!

Adding LUTs to Premiere, AfterEffects, and MediaEncoder Properly

There are specific locations specified for users to store their own LUTs/Looks for use within the drop-down lists of the Basic and Creative tabs ... as in the following chart:

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Note, you need to create the folders at the end of those trees ... the Creative and Technical folders.

Parking your LUTs/Looks there means that Premiere, AfterEffects, and MediaEncoder will all see them correctly from that one location. If you apply a LUT in Lumetri in Premiere or AfterEffects, the other app 'sees' that same LUT as applied. And exporting through MediaEncoder will apply the expected LUT/Look.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will try this out. I will delete al the non standard luts from the program/premiere/lumetri/luts/creative (also technical) folder.

then i will add my own and boughed luts to the describted library folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it did not worked. i worked in the timeline just one minute and the error came back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source of those LUTs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did my own luts from lightroom, but also some other LUTs which i bought online have that problem. They worked for years. Only my own LUT is new, but i also worked with that LUT 4 weeks in that project, before the error become starting.

At this moment i have my own luts in a normal project folder on my NAS. Does this makes some problems maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some LUT types aren't I suppose one could say "welcomed" by Premiere. LUTs are pretty small things so easy to share. If interested, you could upload those to a dropbox, wetransfer or similar tol and some of us could do a quick test to see f they work on our systems.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me as well. It usually happens when I am sorting through LUT's in the preview window but will also happen if auditioning a number of LUTs through the drop down menu as well within the creative tab. 

My LUTs are from respectable sources such as Lutify.me and other well known sellers. The only work around I have found is to completely close premiere, open it again and try again. But the issue happens again when I scan through a number of luts in a short period of time. This has been happening to me for probably a year or two. I've kind of given up hope of it being fixed. Resolve uses my same LUTs and no issue arises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you post this on their bug/features UserVoice system, in detail so the engineers get as much useful data as possible.

Especially if you have a few LUTs that seem more problematic list those also.

I can't replicate this. I loaded about 50 LUTs into my external Creative tab folder, and spent some time scrolling through and selecting  ... deselect ... scroll ... rinse and repeat.

So something about your systems and/or the LUTs involved or some combination is causing this. The engineers can't fix what they can't find.

Please post this over there!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your problem solve? Plz My Software Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your problem solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, have had it for years. As soon as I preview or try somewhere between 5 and 10 LUTs in Lumetri, I get the error and have to force-quit Premiere. In spite of the solutions offered (which are the same on all related posts) this has nothing to do with where your LUTs are on your machine, where they're from (bought/downloaded), or anything like that. Believe me, I've tried everything, and I have this issue on all the machines (all macs) at my office and my home machines. This is an annoying bug that Adobe does not care enough about to fix, for whatever reason. Otherwise, this wouldn't be an issue after literally years worth of posts about it. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines