Highlighted

When did Premiere Pro get so bad?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or has Premiere Pro gotten soooo buggy?
Since the last Update it has gotten so bad. I have to restart the computer several times, because suddenly the audio doesn´t work or the picture freezes.

When I try to render something I have to try it at least three times, because the rendering crashes all the time... every time it crashes at a different time mark...
Most of the time it only works, when I create completely new Sequence and copy and paste all the clips from the old sequence... but this doesn´t always work.
My computer is top notch. Every other program works without a problem. The only thing that has changed is the version of Premiere.
I used to love this program... but right now it is so buggy I am even considering switching if this doesn´t gets fixed. It wastes so much of my time.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When did Premiere Pro get so bad?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or has Premiere Pro gotten soooo buggy?
Since the last Update it has gotten so bad. I have to restart the computer several times, because suddenly the audio doesn´t work or the picture freezes.

When I try to render something I have to try it at least three times, because the rendering crashes all the time... every time it crashes at a different time mark...
Most of the time it only works, when I create completely new Sequence and copy and paste all the clips from the old sequence... but this doesn´t always work.
My computer is top notch. Every other program works without a problem. The only thing that has changed is the version of Premiere.
I used to love this program... but right now it is so buggy I am even considering switching if this doesn´t gets fixed. It wastes so much of my time.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why haven't you reverted back a release? Takes a few minutes to do, and if the prior one was working better, use it. They are releasing updates fairly regularly, so there'll be another one out soon that will hopefully get you past the current problems you're having.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I don´t know exactly which version worked without a problem and wanted to post this that Adobe will put some effort into fixing this. I have been experiencing some of these problems for months. Some of these things also were there in older version, but with every new version there seem to be more problems. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usually updates require more robust system specs which may be the problem here.

first check to see if your system does meet the requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

then please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  

Saying other programs work without problems without telling which programs work... doesn't help.  

And Neil's dead on, if the latest update doesn't work, revert to a previous version that does.  One of the great things about premiere is that you can have multiple versions installed on your system.  Unfortunately the earliest version that adobe has available is 2019.  But I've never deleted an earlier install when updating, so I've 2017 forward available.  I provide support for a number of clients who are on a variety of versions, so if I need to open a project, tweak it and send it back to the client, it's crucial that I keep these versions available.

Once you provide us with the necessary information, if we can't figure it what the problem is, we can begin to troubleshoot what's going on.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already wrote in my post. The specs of my pc are way better than the minimum requirements for premiere.

Here are my specs:

Prozessor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 3793 MHz, 12 Kern(e), 24 logische(r) Prozessor(en)

BaseBoard-Produkt ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING

Ram:64GB

Geforce 2080 Super Graphics

and several TB free memory on my hard disks

thanks,

Simon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issues. Don't jump the gun on external SSD failing or moving files to desktop, Updating drivers, Windows updates, Project settings etc. I've tried all of that. I've tried previous versions that worked well for me. 14.0-14.4 I've tried going back to 13. It's the same exact issue for me and I have no idea how to fix it.

A week ago premiere was working wonderfully now, no matter what version, what Update I do, nothing has worked and it more than doubles the project completion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 1
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all the versions of premiere are showing the problem when they previously didn't, it's unlikely that premiere is the source of the problem. 

Have you installed any other programs recently?  Have you checked the activity monitor to see if something's running in the background?   Are you running any other programs at the same time?  If so, try restarting your computer and just running premiere...  You might try disconnecting from the internet either by turning off wifi or physically pulling the ethernet cable.  Have you run any app to test your read and write speeds for your drives...   Do you have any external devices connected besides mouse and keyboard?  If so, try disconnecting them.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see, I am not the only one with these problems. I hope the next version will fix the issues. If not I am switching to Filmora. Seems easier to me than installing several old version of Premiere just trying to find one that works. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that Premiere Pro is buggy. I would like to see a new program called Adobe Cinematic 1.0 that has the best of Prelude, After Effects, Encore and Audition in one program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0