• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When does the Adobe Media Encoder get invoked?

Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All afternoon I've been working on a video shot in low light at a high ISO trying to get it to look good without being too noisy, exporting MP4 after MP4.   To do the export I've been doing Export  ... Media and basically taking the defaults and each export went smoothly and quickly.   But I was never happy with the noise, so I finally broke down and bought Neat Video and applied it.   It worked great ... BUT ... now when I do an Export ... Media, the Adobe Media Encoder gets invoked with a whole new dialog box and I have to click stuff on there to complete the export.     The export takes forever, which doesn't surprise me because Neat Video, but why the extra step?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

MediaEncoder is both the basic encoding engine for PrPro and a stand-alone app.

If you select the "Queue" button of the Export dialog, that goes to Me. If you select the "Export" button of the Export dialog, it simply runs Me in the background.

When you "queue" over to Me, the export will run and you can return to working in Premiere. If you direct 'Export' from the Export dialog, PrPro is locked-up while the export is processing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MediaEncoder is both the basic encoding engine for PrPro and a stand-alone app.

If you select the "Queue" button of the Export dialog, that goes to Me. If you select the "Export" button of the Export dialog, it simply runs Me in the background.

When you "queue" over to Me, the export will run and you can return to working in Premiere. If you direct 'Export' from the Export dialog, PrPro is locked-up while the export is processing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines