• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When dragging clip within timeline, no outline shows, only time-stamp

Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on and drag a clip within the timeline, normally it shows an outline of the clip, allowing me to see where the clip will end up. Now, when I click and drag, there is no outline, it only shows a timecode increasing or decreasing as a drag left or right.

drag.jpg

(Pictured is me dragging the clip with no 'ghost' clip overlay to indicate where the clip is going)

Have I hit a short-cut key by accident, or is this a bug in 15.1? I've reinstalled 15.0 and the problem goes away. All drivers are up to date.

I have tried searching for a solution but all results are regarding dragging a clip INTO the timeline. My problem is dragging once in the timeline.

In addition to this, none of the sub-menus display in my Tools panel, and when I click a top-menu item for the drop-down, none of the sub-menus appear when rolling over a menu item. I have to click the menu item for the sub-menu to appear.

TIA

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

I reverted back from 15.1 to 15.0, issue solved. So just do it and wait till Adobe fixes this bug. I'll file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here trying to find a definitive solution for this because the same suddenly started happening to me. I discovered if you click on the Wrench icon on the timeline, and disable Audio Waveforms, everything goes back to normal, which is incredibly bizarre.

I can't edit without the audio waveforms when editing talking head videos, so desperately need a solution. Following this topic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back from 15.1 to 15.0, issue solved. So just do it and wait till Adobe fixes this bug. I'll file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I've done, rolled back to 15.0. Thanks for filing the bug report too, I've been offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

or

FAQ: Deleting Media Cache files

before assuming this is a bug?

afbeelding.png

screenshot 15.1.0 48

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ann! Thanks for suggesting! I saw the solution of trashing preferences on another topic and tried it, but it didn't work. Deleting Media Cache files I hadn't seen before as a solution. I had done it tough after upgrading, and things were working normally. so I didn't consider to do it again.  I'll reopen 15.1 and try doing it and I'll post it back here! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines