Highlighted

When I am moving clips, I often get a single frame that will not delete and appears in playback

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like everyone, I move around clips, extend this one, overlap that one, splice, slide, etc. However, I often get a single frame from one clips that stays put and disrupts anything I put over it. I have tried deleting the clip, both clips, replacing them, quiting and restarting PP 2019 and hardly anything works. I do notice that these stray frames occur at the edge of clips that meet green to yellow in rendering stages. However, rendering the section or entire work area does not elimate the frame. 

See attached video. Thank you! 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When I am moving clips, I often get a single frame that will not delete and appears in playback

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like everyone, I move around clips, extend this one, overlap that one, splice, slide, etc. However, I often get a single frame from one clips that stays put and disrupts anything I put over it. I have tried deleting the clip, both clips, replacing them, quiting and restarting PP 2019 and hardly anything works. I do notice that these stray frames occur at the edge of clips that meet green to yellow in rendering stages. However, rendering the section or entire work area does not elimate the frame. 

See attached video. Thank you! 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arts M,

Sorry for the issue. You see this in two situations: bad render file or bad file from the camcoder's original footage. Tell me, does the original clip have the issue? If so, then the problem is the original footage. If not, it's probably a stray video preview file. You can delete these temp files from the Sequence menu. Mark In and Out around the anomaly and then choose Sequence > Delete Render Files In to Out. Report back with any questions on that. Let us know the results of your troubleshooting. Hope this advice helps.

Thanks!
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks so much. The frame glitch is not in the footage. It gets generated, and I can eventially create one if I move clips around enough (which is what happens). I did not see " Delete Render Files In to Out" in the Sequence menu, but did use "Delete Render Files" even after I removed the clip from the timeline. And yet the blip returns when or even creates another if I substute it for other footage. I do notice that this happens where a yellow meets a green render stage, but re-rendering and moving clips around doesn't change anything. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0
Arts M LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm switching to Final Cut after I finish this project. Premiere is too glitchy – and known to be – and tech support is nothing like Apple's for Final Cut. I can get someone on the phone in minutes and do screenshare. Adobe? Worthless forums like this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0