When I export specific footage it goes green and distorted

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read my issue.

So with this specific footage it exports green and distorted (picture below), it was filmed on a Fujifilm X-T3 and was the first footage I shot with it. When I load the raw footage to VLC media player from my files in my PC it looks fine, only when I've exported it as a Premiere Pro project does the footage look distorted. It also seems to shrink the footage to 1/4.

I've tried..

• Creating a new sequence via the source footage so it is in the same settings
  • Exporting different footage from the same camera I filmed it with to see if it is my PC, it's not. The other footage worked fine
  • Checking for driver updates, I had none
  • Deleting media cache, that didn't work
  • I tried changing my renderer to MPE Software Only

It's not my PC, it seems to be this footage specifically. It was the first thing I filmed on my Fuji.

I've uploaded 2 pictures of the footage below and also uploaded my laptop specs below, anything else you need please give me a shout and thanks a lot for helping me out. My laptop is a Lenovo Legion 5.

Screenshot 2021-01-15 172003.png

Screenshot 2021-01-15 171708.png

Screenshot 2021-01-15 173137.png

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Can you try transcoding a short clip to ProRes 422 to see if that would solve your issue? It might be the HEVC codec wreaking havoc with your system. If that is still not working and you are running NVIDIA GPU, please also install the latest Studio driver, not the gaming driver.

Thank You,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin thanks a lot for your reply.

Firstly, I've transcoded the project to QuickTime, Apple ProRes 422 HQ and unfortunetly that hasn't worked. Secondly, I downloaded the studio driver and that didn't work either.. but it did make Premiere Pro run much smoother, so thank you for that.

I wonder if the footage has corrupted or something?

Screenshot 2021-01-15 185426.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody have any idea? It was a Christmas video for my older relatives who didn't get to see us, would be a shame for them if they don't get to see it!

Thanks for reading

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jessicaw17 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(SOLVED) Figured out where I was going wrong.

It was essentially exactly what you said Kevin. After transcoding it to ProRes 422, when it came to export it I think I was still exporting it as H264 - High Bitrate.. When I exported as Quicktime - Apple Pro Res 422 HQ the file worked.

Thanks for your help Kevin.

Screenshot 2021-01-17 143531.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines