• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when i insert a image to the sequence. the photo it's enlarged

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using Adobe PREMIERE PRO CS6. And i'm making a video for the school. i tried to insert a image to the main sequence. but the image were enlarge so big that only a part of the image were visible. it is because the image size were too big. how can i fix that problem. same thing with the video, when i insert the video, the video was really small. and with black space around it. i switch the screen size from fit to 100% but the resolution of the video aren't so clear anymore. i tried to do the same with the image, like switching the screen size from fit to certain %. but all it does is nothing. the image stays at that certain spot that were being magnified. and if i switch to 20%, the image only got smaller with black spaces around it. how can i solve this problem. i'm making the video for the school so it's really important that i get this problem fixed.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Smilyfrowned wrote:

Thank you so much. I did what you said, and it worked. Is there a more efficient way instead of scaling? like the photo would automatically scale itself

Turn on Default Scale to fit Frame Size in the Preferences, its under General.

If the still does not have the same proportions as the sequence you will have small black border(s) and then you will still have to scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798

-Too Large May = Crash http://forums.adobe.com/thread/879967

-And another crash report http://forums.adobe.com/thread/973935

Please NOTE that the PPro CS6 screen may look a bit different

For CS5 and later, the easy way to insure that your video and your project match

See 2nd post for picture of NEW ITEM process http://forums.adobe.com/thread/872666

-and a FAQ on sequence setting http://forums.adobe.com/message/3804341

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the frame size of your video? Where did you get the video? From a camera? From the Internet?

When you created a new project in Premiere Pro, what preset did you use? What frame size?

There are two ways to add a picture so that it is the right size. You can right click on it and select Scale to Frame Size. That is fine of you don't want to zoom in or pan. Otherwise, select the image in the timeline and then look in the Effect Controls panel for the Motion effect and use the Scale parameter to shrink it down to size.

Having said that, I highly suggest that you take a few free lessons on how to use Premiere Pro. It is not always intuitive at times if you don't have at least some editing experience with other software. Start with the first tutorial in the following link. You can skip some of the 85 lessons (so far - he isn't done yet) that do not seem to apply to you - yet - but at least take most of the first couple of dozen.

http://library.creativecow.net/devis_andrew/Premiere-Pro-CS6-Basics_1/1

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video is taken from the  video camera. I dont know the brand name but it uses tape. My photo are taken by canon camera. When I created a new project i dont know what frame size I use. I guess the default size because I didn't change anything I just click ok on the pop-ups. I did crop a lot of the pictures with adobe photoshop i dont know if that affects anything. Is there a way to set all the photos and video and title page in the same size ( the photo doesnt have to be the same length but i hope to have the same heighth as the video footage) Do I have to set it up when I created a new project. But since I already created a new project where can I change it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have good news for you. There is no need to create a new project. But your life would be easier if you created a new project of the right size. Otherwiseyour titles won't be the right size when you create them. You should be able to check the properties on one of your video clips to determine the size.  If you are in the US, I am betting on 720h 480v (0.9091) and pretty much anywhere else, it is probably 720h 576v (1.0940)

Unless is it an HDV camera. Then we are talking 1440h 1080v (1.3333)

Just take one of your video clips, drag and drop it on the "New Item" icon at the bottom right of the Project Panel, and it will create a new sequence of just the right size for your video. Once you make the new sequence you can delete the clip you used off of the timeline and then go to your original timeline, select all of the clips, Ctrl-c to copy and come back to the new sequence and Ctrl-v to paste them all in.

Then just follow my instruction in my previous post to scale your photos.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I did what you said, and it worked. Is there a more efficient way instead of scaling? like the photo would automatically scale itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A photo does not change sizes by itself... go back and re-read the links I posted about scaling

You might also re-read the links I posted to learn how to create a project that matches your video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smilyfrowned wrote:

Turn on Default Scale to fit Frame Size in the Preferences, its under General.

If the still does not have the same proportions as the sequence you will have small black border(s) and then you will still have to scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to Ann's and others' correct answers... The 'Default Scale...' option only applies to future imports you'll do. If you've already imported your images, you'll need to remove them and re-import them to get them to auto-scale, or else you'll have to scale them all by hand, which you can fo by copying and pasting the x/y value(s) for each item's scale properties inside the effects control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, to rescale images already in the Sequence, just right-click and check "Scale to Frame Size", no need to re-import or manually resize.

To kind of sum up and consolidate what everyone has been saying, if you are shooting "miniDV" footage, then create a NEW SEQUENCE of either DV-NTSC or DV-PAL depending on your location (usually 48k version, also note widescreen or not) then the video clips will fill the screen, and use Scale to Frame so the stills also fit the frame.

As you noticed, DV clips in an HD project are not pretty when expanded, so keep the project at "standard definition" sizing if that is what the source video is, and that will be the same size for DVD output as well then.

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH yeah, I forgot that we can do that now.Thanks. Disregard my previous comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect - thank you for adding that as I'd have still been wrestling with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this post! I had this same problem and this was the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED I SPENT 2 HOURS TO FIX WITH DIFFERENT WAYS , YOU SAVED MY LIFE i AM NEW TO PHOTOGRAPHY 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about the video part, but I had the picture problem, too. Try Clip > Video Options > Scale to Fit Size. It might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little to late but I figured out if you right click the picture or video clip on your timeline where the blue parts on the top and bottom of the picture or clip are you can select resize to fit farm or frame resize hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BORING ANSWERS:(..... jpegs that are too big...go to premier pro at the top left menu bar....next to the apple:) and click...select preferences.... select general....  Look for Default scale to fit....it's  halfway down... click the box. Now reload all your images back in because it can't change the ones already in your sequence:) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines