• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I insert to the timeline a sequence made from a subclip, then target subclip inserted

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, there is a particular workflow that always goes wrong for me - when I insert to the timeline a sequence made from a subclip, then the target subclip inserted, not the sequence I'm dragging or Insert/Overwrite from project tab.

As result if the inserted sequence consists of just subclip (with lumetry, denoise, warp stabilize) I get bare sublip and I have to replace it from project with sequence I wanted doing replace/from bin

What am I doing wrong? Why is alsways contained subclip inserted instead of the sequence I've selected in the project? See screenshot

thanks

Screenshot 2020-08-31 17.44.59.png

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Easy fix. Note in your timeline panel, the far-left icon in the header block that looks like a sequence icon? It's grey ... all sequences you bring onto that timeline will be brought in as individual clips.

Click it so it turns blue, now drag your previous sequence onto that timeline.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy fix. Note in your timeline panel, the far-left icon in the header block that looks like a sequence icon? It's grey ... all sequences you bring onto that timeline will be brought in as individual clips.

Click it so it turns blue, now drag your previous sequence onto that timeline.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines