When I move Premiere Pro over to my 2nd monitor my monitor says No Signal and turns off

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just purchased the Creative Cloud yesterday and I have a problem with Premier Pro, I have yet to try the other programs in the cloud but so far the issues exists in Premier pro.  I have a new Lenovo Laptop purchased this summer,

Specs are Intel Core i7-9850H CPU @ 2.6 GHz 6 Core, 32 GB ram, GPU Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000.

It seems I also have a 2nd GPU Intel UHD Graphics 630 but I have set my preference to my Nvidia GPU as it is higher performance.

I can use Premiere Pro fine when I use my laptop screen but when I move it to my 2nd Monitor (connected vis Display Port), the screen goes black and my monitor says there is no Signal as if my laptop isn't even turned on.

I have updated all my drivers and it the problem still persists.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
This problem also occured when I was gaming but I have since fixed that but I cant seem to fix this one.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When I move Premiere Pro over to my 2nd monitor my monitor says No Signal and turns off

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just purchased the Creative Cloud yesterday and I have a problem with Premier Pro, I have yet to try the other programs in the cloud but so far the issues exists in Premier pro.  I have a new Lenovo Laptop purchased this summer,

Specs are Intel Core i7-9850H CPU @ 2.6 GHz 6 Core, 32 GB ram, GPU Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000.

It seems I also have a 2nd GPU Intel UHD Graphics 630 but I have set my preference to my Nvidia GPU as it is higher performance.

I can use Premiere Pro fine when I use my laptop screen but when I move it to my 2nd Monitor (connected vis Display Port), the screen goes black and my monitor says there is no Signal as if my laptop isn't even turned on.

I have updated all my drivers and it the problem still persists.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
This problem also occured when I was gaming but I have since fixed that but I cant seem to fix this one.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I have updated all my drivers

Did you let Windows do that, or did you go to the vendor site?

I don't know if you should go to nvidia or lenovo for updates

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried both the automatic windows driver update as well as the nvidia driver update.  Premiere is still breaking my 2nd monitor unforunately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Windows set to "Extend to this display" for screen 2?

And ... if you leave the main Premiere window on the laptop screen, and create a 'panel group' by moving panels over to the other screen, does it work?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows is set to "extend to this display" and yes, both moving panels over as well as the entire program is also breaking my 2nd monitor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something odd there then. It should be able to work with parts of Premiere over there. I take it you can do so with other programs?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes other programs can be moved to the 2nd monitor with no issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

example of what is going on

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Are one or the other of your displays controlled by the laptop's built-in graphics card?
  • Do your sync/refresh rates match between the laptop screen and the monitor?
  • Double-check your playback prefs in Pr. My MacBook gracefully handles switching my second monitor from program window to mercury transmit display, but yours may not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) It looks like my Laptop Display is controlled by my integrated Graphics card and my other display is controlled by my Nvidia Graphics Card. It doesnt seem like this is something I can change on my laptop.

2) My 2nd monitor is 165 hz while my laptop display is 60hz.  My laptop is unable to be changed to anything higher than 60 hz.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0