• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When importing .MP4 files, only audio is imported.

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've been having some problems with .MP4 files. I edit for a Youtuber, so getting it done as fast as posssible is vital. The YouTuber I edit for plays video games, and they use OBS if that helps. Whenever I open Premiere Pro, and drag an mp4 file into my sequence, most of the time I'm expecting to only have audio. When I preview the files, it seems fine. But if I want to import an mp4 file, I have to restart the program and import it. Once it's been imported, I can't import any other mp4 files with video without restarting again. This solution is very tedious and im getting tired of it. I tried reinstalling the program, but that didn't work. If it's part of my preferences, then I may have to reinstall and delete preferences, hotkeys, presets etc-and I don't really want to do that. Is there a solution I'm missing? Please post as soon as possible so I can get over this problem quicker!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Okay... I'm so dumb. I just realized that V1 was unchecked... I didn't even know this was a thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... I'm so dumb. I just realized that V1 was unchecked... I didn't even know this was a thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where is v1? What is there to check? I am having the same problem and it throws my mp4 on the next track down and treats it like a music file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines