• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When opening Premiere Pro it goes to bottom of screen.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere trouble.jpg

When I open Premiere Pro it begins to open, then suddenly slips down to the bottom of the screen, just above the task bar and won't budge. I've tried double clicking, right clicking it and selecting close... all sorts.  The only thing that I can do is go into Task Manager and "End Task" there to close it down. The the same thing happens when I try to open it. Any suggestions welcome thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try hiding the taskbar in order to get the window and put it up where it belongs.

Right-click the Taskbar, select Taskbar Settings, turn on Automatically Hide the taskbar in Desktop mode. I think you should open PP first, then try the above. If that doesn't allow you access to drag it up. Close PP, then hide the taskbar and then start PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Good idea, and I was able to get to Premiere easier, but it still isn't responsive at all and so I still can only close it down via Task Manager. Hmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... perhaps you should reset the User Preferences back to default. If you think there are things in there to save, you should make note of them before you reset. Here's how:

Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears. To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... looks like I may have fixed it though. I went to one of my PP files and double clicked that at it opened up fine.  I haven't gone back to see if opening PP directly is still the same, as I'm working on my project in the meantime.  If it hasn't changed then I will try your User Preferences idea. Will let you know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking it might be the Home screen being not visible, and you bypass that by clicking on a project directly. Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Yes after that success of opening through clicking on the project directly all works normal again. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines