When Starting the Program, Whole Window Goes Blank and Sometimes Not Responding

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just download the program and I don't know if anyone has this problem. I would open the program, my whole screen would be blank (black) before it shows the menu. I create new project and started working. Then all of a sudden, it stop responding. I had to close it out, reopen the project, and starts all over again.

Is it because it still new to Windows 10? Is there another program I have to download for it to stop doing whatever it does? Upgrade?

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and check to make sure your system meets the required specs

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meriel,

Sorry! Sounds like the GPU issue. Have a NVIDIA GPU? Install the NVIDIA GPU Studio Ready driver. Not the Game Ready one. Download it here. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/167762/

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin's got a solid first suggestion. The game ready drivers have been causing the most amazing array of odd behaviors across the users.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines