• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When to upgrade?

Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been using CC now for about 4 months and when I started I experienced some "bugs" that were me not knowing how to use the program correctly.

But things got better. I was running 14.4 and things were going well. I "upgraded" to 14.5 and new noticeable bugs came into the program. Seemed to be from rushing things to get ready for adobe max conference, I get that, programmers, unfortunately, have deadlines too, and sometimes things slip through the cracks. But now I'm looking through the forums and 14.6 seems to have its own set of problems.

I know the problems with 14.5 and am afraid to update to 14.6 with new issues. Like where the "stable" release? 14.5.3? I'm afraid to update AME beyond 14.4 with all the bugs people have been experiencing with PP. Even if I upgrade on a 6-month cycle what's to say that will be stable? 

What's the Adobe equivalent of an LTS version? I feel like I am beta testing this thing, and my professional career would take the hit if I found a bug I couldn't workaround. I would roll back to 14.4 but I have already edited my template in 14.5.

Help?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything you've done in 14.x will (almost alwyas) work in about any other 14.x build, even the public beta projects can normally be used back within a "shipping" build.

So ... you can revert to the build you liked, and keep going.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does help some Neal, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines