When trying to re-link my clips, Premiere does not detect audio (but audio is actually there)

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a project going that I've been working on for quite a while. Long story short, I had to format my C: drive and reinstall my system. (I know, you shouldnt mess with the program in the middle of a project, but like I said, I had to wipe my C drive due to some other technical reasons)

Once I had reinstalled Premiere Pro, I opened my project and saw that every single clip I was using got put as offline. Images or titles are still there, it's just that all of the MP4 clips are offline. Now initially, I successfully linked like 3-4 clips (out of many), but had to pause and do it another time, because I had to study for my finals. After finally being done with them, I wanted to work on relinking the clips, but I got surprised by an error when trying to do so. The error goes "The selected file does not contain audio media used by clip references in one or more sequences. These audio clip references will be deleted, and cannot be undone. Do you want to continue?" and when I press OK, the video gets linked, but the audio does not.

To add insult to injury, whenever I try to import the full clip again (even into a completely new project), it only imports the video. It doesn't even show an option to drag the audio into the timeline, because it apparently doesn't exist. (But of course, when viewing the file itself in Windows, the clip is all fine.)

Please,  help resolve this issue. I really don't want to start again from the beggining c:

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

New Here , Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021
Took me some digging, but eventually I found this guide which had a very obvious but good solution. I only tried removing media files from my custom location, but it turns out I had to remove them from C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common For the full guide, visit here 

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Took me some digging, but eventually I found this guide which had a very obvious but good solution. I only tried removing media files from my custom location, but it turns out I had to remove them from C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

For the full guide, visit here 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines