• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever I click export media, nothing happens.

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know a solution? I tried redownloading premiere pro, but that didn't work...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Have you selected something ( a clip, a sequence etc.) to export before going to the menu File > Export?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected something ( a clip, a sequence etc.) to export before going to the menu File > Export?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, however, choosing to export did nothing.

The quick fix for me: SAVE the project. EXIT Premiere PRO. Re-open Premiere pro & OPEN the project. Choose Export Media. Works everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. Restarting computer also didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so helpful ty dude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LevanMk,

Sorry for the trouble. If the issue persists after installation and following step recommended by MtD, reset the preferences using the steps suggested in this article: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meg's suggestion worked for me.  I didn't have anything selected.  Click and drag over your assembled video / audio clips to select them.  They will all turn white when selected.  Then chose Export/Media and follow the prompts and choose the options from there to start your export.  Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just created an account to press like, thank you!! Solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no media is selected you would think the export media would be greyed out. Its not very intuitive as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to make sure that you don't have a leading space in your timeline.  (Ripple delete to close up the leading space.)  ((I had the problem and it was that simple.  I neglected to notice a leading space in my timeline.  I Ripple Deleted & volia .. works))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another tip....  I have this problem sometimes, usually because I'm at the end of my video editing, therefore at the end of the timeline.  All I had to do was go back to the beginning of the sequence timeline and <poof> I can now Export.

@paulf99602562 , however, is completely right.  If nothing is going to happen when you click it, the menu item should be disabled until you correct whatever issues PPro is detecting that prevent the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Belden, this is strange, i never thought this could be an issue.  Went to the beginning of the timeline, it opened the export window.  Strange though.  Thanks for providing this simple solution.  Appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem and going to the beginning of the timeline worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the time, opening Media Encoder and then exporting again will work when this happens. Sometimes, you have to go into Media Encoder and do File > Add source to get a project to appear in the queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working solution: I'm not an expert but this might have to do something with cache. I click export, wait a few seconds, even 1-2 minutes, click export again. Eventually the export window pops up and I can export the video. It happend multiple times. So just wait a bit and try it again, it helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having the export media not working since updating to v15.0., but highlighting and selecting all my audio/video clips in the timeline first, then doing Export/Media after worked for me just like the other posters here mentioned. Weird that I never had to select my clips before v15 to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines