• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever I update Premiere, my Nvidia Drivers, or my windows OS my Premiere runs slower and crashes

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I am at my wits end with dealing with sudden slow playback and rendering speeds as well as very frequent crashes. 

Specs - ASUS Vivobook Pro Intel Core i7 

16gigs of ram

always keep at least 50 gigs free on my ssd

Nvidia Geoforce GTX ( I was on version 441.66 but just updated to latest)

My computer was working perfect for a while and premiere was running great until just a few days ago it started running very slow, like painfully slow.  I havent updated anything in a while because last time I did it almost cost me my job because nothing worked right afterwards.  I decided to update everything again to see if it would solve my problem but alas here I am again with a slower running premiere and constant crashes.  

I updated windows, my intel drivers, my nvidia drivers, premiere pro, and media encoder.

I thought that updates were meant to make your machine run better but I have not found that ever to be the case.  

BTW, I have deleted my media cache, I am not running anything else on my computer, I am using CUDA and no I do not want to stop using CUDA because then it runs even slower.  

Do all these issues happen as much with Macs?  I think I might be switching back soon cause windows is an absolute pain and my friend has zero crash issues on his old run down mac with lower specs than my ASUS.

Any ideas???

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?