• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where Are Voice-Over Titles and Audio Stored?

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in Premiere Pro (PP), I recorded (voice-over) about 50 audio clips while in PP (cicked on the little microphone and then recorded).  Everthing went perfectly except a day later my disk drive that had the internal PP audio failed and had to be replaced.  Therefore I lost all of my voice-over audio.  So my question is, where does PP store these voice-over audio clips?  Once I know this, I will save the voice-over audio clips each time I close PP and if a disk breaks, I will "locate" the saved clips. Same with "Titles."  I just created a bunch of fancy titles in PP and don't want to start all over again if a disk fails.  Where does PP store these titles?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pretty sure titles are stored in the premiere project file.   so if you lose them, you should check your autosave files.  You can also export them by using what ever the little camera icon is called...  If you save in a format that allows for alph channels...  but you won't be able to make changes to them...    as far as the audio files go, I've never used premiere to record voice over, so I have no idea.  But I imagine if you have a vo clip in the timeline and control click on it and choose reveal in finder (if you're on a mac) or if you're on windows I think it's reveal in explorer...you'll see where it's stored.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the option to choose where captured audio and video are located. I will try to post a screen shot later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andy.  I look forward to the post.  I have found where the voice-overs are stored but don't know where the titles are stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dgfitzpat,

Check out File > Project Settings > Scratch Disks.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As I said before: in the project. Try this: create a new project. Make a
new sequence, add a title, send it to another premiere system and the
title is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines