Where did my timeline/sequence go?! Please help!

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent around 15-20 hours on a project. when I was about 5 minutes from finishing, I maximized the timeline panel as shown in the 1st picture below. While trying to click "Restore Panel Group Size" I hit this spacebar, or some hotkey, or accidentally hit "close panel group". When I reopened the timeline panel, all my hours of hard work were instantly gone. How do I recover my sequence on the timeline? If you can fix this problem for me, I will send you $20 through paypal.

Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 9.26.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 9.28.19 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Look for these or try search:

sequence lost.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where did my timeline/sequence go?! Please help!

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent around 15-20 hours on a project. when I was about 5 minutes from finishing, I maximized the timeline panel as shown in the 1st picture below. While trying to click "Restore Panel Group Size" I hit this spacebar, or some hotkey, or accidentally hit "close panel group". When I reopened the timeline panel, all my hours of hard work were instantly gone. How do I recover my sequence on the timeline? If you can fix this problem for me, I will send you $20 through paypal.

Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 9.26.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 9.28.19 PM.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

sequence lost.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 15, 2015 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing should be lost unless you did something and saved the project when you closed the program. if you just closed the sequence from the timeline window, the sequence should still be in your project bins. just have to double click it to open it back into the timeline. is the sequence not in your bins?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2015 4
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2015 0
Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might have an auto-save that you could recover from. file>project settings> scratch disks.  see where its saving your auto-saves and try opening one of those dated before this happened.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2015 5
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened before, and that's what I've done. But each time I lose about an hour of work, I want to solve this problem this time, for future convenience. Thanks for trying to help though. That's what the other people online said. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I'm looking everywhere in the project panel, and not finding my sequence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2015 0
Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are lots of strange things happening with premiere that folks posting here... i haven't seen this exact problem before. you can change the auto-save settings in the preferences, to something like every 5 minutes, and even put some obscene number like 1,000 copies. if thats what it takes to get this working... also good idea to keep a copy of the project in another location, like another hdd. just do this manually each time you close the program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type the name of the Sequence in the Search Box in the Project Panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2015 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sequence lost.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2015 9
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you that was very helpful!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2015 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg thank you SO much... you just saved me having to re-do 2 days worth of work I'm not even being paid for... - I was crying with fear/sadness and now it's with relief!! - THANK YOU!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2015 2
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS YOU SAVED MY LIFE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my good! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, and YOU SOLVED IT! Saved my life, thank you very much. 

Best regards,
Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. Bacon saved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME!  DID YOU EVER FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET YOUR SEQUENCE BACK!?

I am hoping it is not lost forever and I don't have to start again but am super fearful I do...What the heck!? Same exact thing, sequence suddenly gone! Screen black!

help!!

thanks
Cara

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2015 0
Contributor ,
Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Go to the "undo" menu and undo the last action?? -- and learn to save often, especially during large blocks of work -- I do that and it has saved my bacon many times!  Why only save at the end of the project, or set you auto save preferences to more frequent save periods.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I figured it out with their help! My sequence was hidden in the project tab, in one of the many folders containing all my shots and stills. It was among all the shots, and I just right clicked it to re open it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2015 5
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I just found it too! I noticed that one of my jpg images had the movie icon and when I double clicked that was the time line.  It seems that's the bug.  I never put it there... I just exit the project.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beyond grateful for this post! i had a project I have been working on for months and suddenly there was no sequence. turns out it was hidden in the project bin like others have said! Honeslty I thought I lost everything thankyou so much!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 0