• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to check among the hundreds of 4k videos so that I can import the chosen in premiere pro

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community.

I have tried to find info but I have not found anything on this subject. 

I am facing a real problem and this is that,

before choosing which videos I'll import to my premiere pro project, which means that I have to copy them and organise them in my project's folder, I have to view hundrends of 4k clips and choose among them.

That means that in windows the only thing that I can do is, view in windows explorer my video thumbnails and if they remind me sth and I am almost sure that is the one I have to import, then I click on the specific video   which opens in VLC, I watch a few seconds and then I decide if I'll put it in my project or not. That means immense amount of time.

In adobe bridge it is the same thing. I can see the thumbnails and if I click in one then I can play it on the preview panel one by one or multiple, but it takes time with 4k. I even tried to put the playback resolution to faster but it does not work for me even if my laptop is powerfull.

I am wondering. Is there not any program where I can view my list of videos, and where their thumbnails play (like when we import videos to premiere pro, we see the small thumbnail and when we touch it #not click it# we can move fast forward and check if this videos suits our project).

Is there anything like that or similar ?

Thank you so much for your help in advance

it is really much appreciated

Kind regards

Yiannis

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

If you use the Media browser in Premiere and select icon rather than list view that will let you hover scrub the clip before importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the Media browser in Premiere and select icon rather than list view that will let you hover scrub the clip before importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my, it was so easy and yet I did not think at all. Thank you so much Richard 🙂 You saved my life!!
Bless you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines