• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to store video files in Creative Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to ask for a tip. Along with photos I have some video files. What would the best way to store videos in the CreativeCloud.

I upload photos via Lightroom. It seems that it can also upload videos as well, but I'm not sure if I can access these video files easily later to work on them in another app. Shall I better upload videos into Creative Cloud as regular files? Are they available for Premier or Rush in this case?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's CC Cloud is not really designed to work as storage for working video files. In fact, most cloud storage doesn't work well for video files because of the massive nature of them considering upload/download speeds for typical use.

It is normally necessary to have the files available on a very fast local connection with the computer.

I am testing out LucidLink's file transfer service, which actually seems to work as some sort of magic. That would be additional cost however, with LucidLink.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the very valuable feedback. When I was asking I didn't realize that the question may be so general. 

I'm actually curious if I can use Adobe's CC conveniently for backing up all my media files.

Yep, I see that in the Lightroom I can work with the cloud "directly", though I it still downloads them to my local PC.

For the video editing I didn't think about using the cloud storage, I anyway will have my files locally for the work in progress.

I wanted to avoid having multiple cloud storages and since I started using Adobe CC with Lightroom, I thought I can benefit from its cloud storage for the video files, which I'd like to edit too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although not really designed for 'storage', I've used my Vimeo account.  It has a "download original" choice that makes file transfer and storage somewhat useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually have an acquaintence who's working on a project for a cable channel where the media is stored on the cloud.  Just emailed him to see how he's doing.  will report back.  I know initially it was something of a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he says it's a nightmare...

"It turns my Mac into a PC! Media browser

crashed and doesn't work and the machine slows down and crashes out of Premiere a few times a week.
Premiere is not set up like Avid to work on a network and we're suffering the consequences."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried say Dropbox ... and things must be synced to the local file before I can access anything from Premiere ... meaning ... downloaded completely onto the local drive. An actual 'hard' file location.

I know of people working with Premiere over network setups, and like any network NLE work, it depends directly on the sustained pass through of the network system. Any choke point anywhere in the system, it's a nightmare. Which is the same for any of these apps.

But if the network is running fine, it works. You need very high-speed connections though.

LucidLink ... that's just bizarre. Mo (in South Africa) can add a file to our cloud storage (S3 in London) via LucidLink ... and within moments, that file shows up on the virtual drive that LucidLink creates on my computer.

As soon as the file name appears, I can import the file into Premiere ... and drop it on a sequence. Begin playback.

The file isn't even completely downloaded, but I've ingested it into Premiere, plopped it on a sequence, and am using it. Playing it back.

That ... is amazing performance.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks @Michael Grenadier for the info!

btw, CC created "Creative Cloud Files", which I think works similarly like Dropbox, doesn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines