• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which 10 bit Export Format creates compact files

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to export my project with 10 bit or better color, and I want the file size to be manageable do I have any good options?  The Apple Prores files are 10 bit etc, but they are massive.

Is there a way to export 10 bit color with HEVC?  Or some other codec that creates smaller files and a lot of media players will recognize?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use h264 or h265 to create 10-bit media, but at least from what I've seen you need to be on the High 10 profile, which isn't going to be supported in all video players (VLC-Yes, Window Media Player-No). Between the two you'd have more support with h264 in video players, but again - some will not play high 10.

You can use Media Info in tree view to check the bit depth and chroma subsampling:

PhillipJoseph_0-1595799786551.png

I was not able to create a 4:2:2 file with h264 or h265. I'm not the most color savvy person out there, though, so hopefully some others can chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines