• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which DVD authoring software do you use?

Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since Adobe gave up and left DVD Encore authoring software at the local landfill, what do all of you creators use to create DVDs with the videos you create in Premiere Pro.  I LOVED the interface that Encore had with PP and AE.  But then when Adobe broke up with Encore it left content creators like me to dig through all of the free and for a fee programs which none really lived up to the customization that we had with Encore.  I have been using PP for the last 20 years for various projects.  However, one of the projects that are near and dear to my heart are the Family videos I create every year.  I take all the photos and videos from all four of our phones, the video footage I shoot from our kid's sports events, and I create an annual DVD.  Every Christmas I like to premiere (no pun intended) the most recent video and then we usually have videos from the last 20 years playing in the background after we've opened the presents.

The most recent software that I've used (D*****er), is not working correctly and I've been interacting with their Tech support for the last 3 days.

So please...a little help from our Adobe Community.

But, lastly, I have a question for the Adobe brass.  With all the great new and update products that were showcased at Adobe MAX 2020, why doesn't Adobe have a software program to author DVDs.  Not EVERYONE is creating videos to post up on YouTube right?  Besides these videos are like having a virtual photo album and we can always grab one of the older videos and relish in all the great times we had back then.

Thanks for allowing me to vent and hopefully someone out there has some great insight.

Randy 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the serial number CS6 so I can't verify the possible solution at the end of the message below, but it is claimed there that it is still possible to install Encore and use it via the Cloud, by following the exact instructions in the message from Averdahl... as always with old links, copy the download to an external device
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-is-everyone-making-dvd-s-in-premiere-pro-without-enc...

Encore alternative http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines