• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Premier Pro works on El Capitan and how to find it?

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I got an older 2008 3,1 mac pro and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get an older version of Premier Pro and Photoshop to work on it. Maybe After Effects too. Its running El Capitan. Does anyone have advice or know where to find the versions of the programs that work best on El Capitan? Also, I have a 2012 macbook pro that I'm doing work on as well. The hard drive is formatted APFS. Will I have problems if I try to work on files on the 2008 mac pro Extended Journaled and move them back and forth?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

I'm afraid that older versions of Premiere Pro are now no longer legitimately available at all whatsoever, anywhere. You see, Adobe's availability policy, beginning in May of last year (2019), now restricts older version availability to one major version before the current version. That means that only the non-recalled releases of the current Premiere Pro 14.x (2020) version, plus the last released version of Premiere Pro 13 (2019), are available at all. Unfortunately, none of the currently avai

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that older versions of Premiere Pro are now no longer legitimately available at all whatsoever, anywhere. You see, Adobe's availability policy, beginning in May of last year (2019), now restricts older version availability to one major version before the current version. That means that only the non-recalled releases of the current Premiere Pro 14.x (2020) version, plus the last released version of Premiere Pro 13 (2019), are available at all. Unfortunately, none of the currently available versions are compatible at all with El Capitan (10.11). Even the 2019 version requires Sierra (10.12) at a minimum just to even run at all, while the current 2020 version requires High Sierra (10.13) or newer just to even work at all.

And this is backed up by the major hardware manufacturers: Nobody wants to support anything that's more than even three years old, let alone twelve years old. Your system is now officially listed as "obsolete" by Apple itself (Apple will no longer support any of its systems that have been discontinued for more than seven years, while placing any product that has been discontinued for five years into "vintage" status with limited support). This means no more security patches, let alone any software updates, ever for that dinosaur of a machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that does not solve the problem. We just want to know which version of Premiere Pro was the last to run on El Capitan. I think it's important to people who own old and unsupported copies of the app to know which version WILL run on their dinosaur of a system. Anybody? Which version was the latest for El Cap?

FYI, I'm a pro audio engineer, and I'm stuck under El Cap to support tens of thousands of dollars worth of audio plugins that were never upgraded from 32-bit and won't run in anything higher. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The last released version of Premiere Pro that was compatible with El Capitan was version 12.x (aka CC 2018).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines