• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which software is better for keyframing (premiere or after effects)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to using Adobe Premiere and Adobe after effects but i have a few days sunk into keyframing for many different editing softwares. since moving onto these two softwares i was wondering wether premiere or after effects would be better for keyframing/animating character movement and segments smoothly and efficiently with all the tools i need to make it look how i want.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Premiere Pro, as an editing application, has decent keyframing animation for screen elements.

AfterEffects is at heart a compositing application, and is one of the "Industry Standards" for awesome animation of screen elements. And capable of creating mulitple elements with complicated related motions. Layers upon layers of complex related motions.

So both can be used, but more complex work is best done in Ae.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro, as an editing application, has decent keyframing animation for screen elements.

AfterEffects is at heart a compositing application, and is one of the "Industry Standards" for awesome animation of screen elements. And capable of creating mulitple elements with complicated related motions. Layers upon layers of complex related motions.

So both can be used, but more complex work is best done in Ae.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I like really like AE, I jump over there every chance I get, I work to get better at it. What Neil says is right, but I'm going to say AE has better KeyFraming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Niether After Effest or Premiere Pro should be used for character animation.

Adobe has a program called Character Animator. There is also a 3-D animation program called Poser. Poser can render to 2D. Character Animator and Poser would be your best bet not After Effects. Once you render your 30-40 second long animations using Poser or Character Animator you can import them into Premiere Pro. Character Animator and Poser can both be powerful and easy to use if you watch tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines