• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Update

Engaged ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud tells me two Premiere updates are available. V 14.9 and 15.2. What's the correct order? Can I go straight to V15.2?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stay in the v14 version of Premiere if you like and just update to 14.9 and not go to version 15. If you want to try the new Premiere then install 15.2 and see where it goes for you. Some systems can't hanlde the update as different hardware or versions of software cause it to not work quite right. So staying in the 14 range can keep you going a while longer possibly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Some systems can't hanlde the update as different hardware or versions of software cause it to not work quite right."

How often does that happen?

What are you supposed to do? Keep updating until the most recent update doesn't work on your system? If that happens, can you roll back to a previous version? Can you uninstall an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens a lot, especially with major updates (14 to 15 kind of thing). Yes, you update until it doesn't work and then roll back. Yes you can roll back versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, Graeme.  That's what I wanted to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do the upgrade to 15.2, I suggest you check your settings and ensure that it doesn't uninstall the current version you have. That way you can revert... also DO NOT open and save over a project file, often when you open in a newer version the project file cannot be read in older versions, at some point Adobe was trying to make this less of an issue but DO NOT take the chance with project files.

15.2 has a bit more issues that most people would enjoy (myself included).  15.1 was rather good for me, but 15.2 makes some substantial changes to the render engine move to DirectX 12.  If you don't have to be at 15.2, try 15.1 for a while.

As for how often hardware support drops between versions, it does happen, but you can mitigate that risk by checking the requirements before the upgrade, leaving your old version installed while you test the new version, not overwriting your older project files with new versions etc.  There is a discipline you need to follow to avoid upgrade drama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, FFF. The voice of experience. I like the phrase 'avoid upgrade drama'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines