Highlighted

While Relinking offline files, Premiere asks for a previous folder path

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

While I had already re-linked offline files when I tried to open that Premiere Project in another computer it was asking for the folder-paths that it had first been assigned to the files and not the updated ones.

Do you know how's that possible? 

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

While Relinking offline files, Premiere asks for a previous folder path

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

While I had already re-linked offline files when I tried to open that Premiere Project in another computer it was asking for the folder-paths that it had first been assigned to the files and not the updated ones.

Do you know how's that possible? 

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the cache files 'active' at the time that could happen.

Did you offline the files, then save the project, and move it? What exact steps did you take in order, I can't tell from your post.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I opened the Premiere Pro file in another machine the files where offline and where asking as usual get relinked. So I relinked all the source files successfully (The path of the folders now were different than the path of the folders my other computer) I also opened the premiere file in another machine and it was asking for the updated path...  

The issue is when that when we opened Premiere in the last machine it was asking for the path of the very first.

The only thing I can imagine is that the 1st computer and the last one that had the original paths were in Windows, but

the computers in between that were trying to change the paths were mac computers, so maybe when the file re-opened in windows in the end, used the path of the other windows computer avoiding the paths that were saved in mac??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't always understand why Premiere seems to ask for old connections at times. And not at others.

The main thing, is I hope you were able to relink everything successfully on each computer.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0