• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White line flickering on the edge

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the sequence settings from 1920 X 1080 format to a square 1080 X1080 format. The reason is I wanted to post the video on instagram.

This created a problem: a white flickering line across the right hand corner of the program monitor on certain clips. This line does also appear in the exported video.

- If I change my sequence setting back to 1920 X 1080 this problem disappear.

-  In my time line, I have added adjustment layers above all clips. On the adjustment layers I have added the Lumetri Color fx for color correction.

- Flickering appears only when these adjustment layers are enabled. However, some clips do not get any flickering, even when adjustment layer is enabled.

- If I apply the Lumetri Color fx to the video clip instead, and disable the adjustment layer, the flickering goes away.

- However, if I then replace video clip with after effects compostion (I want to add some moving text fx to my video) the flickering comes back.

- I have tried resizing the clip to 300% to ensure the clip fills up the whole program monitor.

- on my time line I have MPEG:s from a DJI Phantom 4 (23,976 fps), a Canon xa10 (25 fps)  and a GoPro Hero 3 (25 fps)

- the white line appear on all three kinds of footage, but not on all clips in the timeline. To me it seems random which clips have the whiteflcikering line and which have not.

- i use a MSI GS VR 7RF Stealth PRO Laptop.

- I have restarted the computer several times.

SQUARE AUDIO CUT VERS 2 COLOR CORRECT.00_00_12_02.Still004.jpg

SQUARE AUDIO CUT VERS 2 COLOR CORRECT.00_00_11_06.Still003.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

It´s a bug in the Lumetri color and should be fixed but probably not in CC2018.

For me, resetting the Blacks and the Whites in the Lumetri filter fixed the issue. Or, turn off CUDA acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...

Thanks for the workarounds so far...

Ok so putting to "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" worked.

BUT rendering goes so much slower...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,
Had a similar issue:  Ugly white brackets at the right Border during playback in AE and completely ignored Adjustment Layer when rendered.
I basically just made a new Comp, and rebuilt the Lumetri color settings on a new adjustment layer step by step and rendered it again, this time without problems.To me it seems, Lumetri doesn't like to be copied...
Hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone can share a small project that reproduces this issue, please send me a PM.  I'd love to reproduce it over here at Adobe.

If you can create a small test project with a piece of media that would be perfect - otherwise I can try on my side with just a project file.   I'm sure there are some useful clues even with an offline project.   

Also, please lmk what GPU's are being used when this occurs.   

Thanks!

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PM your contact info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this or is it a bug that Adobe need to patch in an update?

I've just spent nearly two hours chatting to Adobe and they were utterly useless and couldn't work out what the issue is. I just gave up in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s a bug in the Lumetri color and should be fixed but probably not in CC2018.

For me, resetting the Blacks and the Whites in the Lumetri filter fixed the issue. Or, turn off CUDA acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That seems to have worked! Astounding that customer support couldn’t give me that answer in nearly 2 hours of chatting with them!

It’s annoying that the issue affects the whites and blacks controls as they’re used very frequently. It it looks like this issue has been around a while so hopefully they’re close to a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lumetri, the White control is a very simple "Gain" control. Think of a curves panel ... grab the far highlight pixel, move up or down: no curve shape, just the straight linear line moves pivoting on the black point. Very simple, predictable, straight-forward. Same thing as working a Gain slider/wheel ring in SpeedGrade, Resolve, you name the grading app.

Blacks ... weird little sucker. Acts like pin-the-donkey with the tail pin at about 20 on the left-side 0-100 scale. Blacks down, dark shadows line to black point pivots on that point about 20. Ends up going straight down with enough push.

Blacks "up", it pivots from that point and the end "black" point moves up eventually to a straight horizontal line from the pivot point.

I've not seen that action of a test ramp with any other control on any other software.

I demo that entire Basic tab with an image of two test screens on my blog ...

Lumetri Basic Tab: What do the tonal controls really do? – rNeilphotog

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unreal. Disabled Lumetri Fx and the line is gone.

Just when I thought this software couldn't get any worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wes Howell up 3-4 posts is one of the engineers. He's on this thread asking for information from those having this, so send him a message as he's requested.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a pesky issue that we've reproduced in-house at Adobe and we are working to expedite a fix.

Some users have been able to resolve this by moving the Lumetri filter from an adjustment layer to the clip.

This is definitely a high priority for us and we are looking forward to making a fix available in the short term.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lumetri color correction IS being performed directly on the clip so this doesn't resolve anything for me. Still very much in editing mode at the moment but will need to color correct by the end of the week. Times a' tickin'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the frustrations here.   Unfortunately, a fix won't be available on this issue in the next week. 

We have identified the issue and look forward to getting a fix out soon.

As a temp workaround, can you reset the white and black sliders and use curves adjustments for contrast adjustments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: Had the same issue in Premiere 2019 and Rush 2019. In Rush only when I moved the right border of the source image to the right border of the 1080x1080 square frame. I was able to resolve it by moving the source some pixels to the right. In Premiere (Lumetri on adjustment layer) disabling hardware acceleration helped (as already mentioned here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple tools to set black/shadows and whites within Lumetri.

The Cuves panel, using the RGB curves box is one.

You can also use the Color Wheels tab. Shadows is your basic "Lift" tool, same effect as lifting a black-point in the curves panel. Keeps a straight line to White point.

Whites is a Gain tool ... raising Whites is like lifting the white point in the curves tool, lowering same as dropping the white point. All other points stay on a straight line to black point.

Midtones pushes the center more than the ends, similar to a Gamma control.

These have been the basics for most colorist work for years, as there's so much you can do so fast. Lift Shadows while pulling down Mids, you've darkened the shadows without crushing the blacks, pulled some upper-mids down some. Compressed shadow contrast while expanding highlights contrast.

Push mids up while pulling whites down, you've lifted the middle without losing any whites. Compressed highlight contrast and extended shadow contrast.

Most anything you can do in contrast can be handled with wheels adjustments.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this has fixed it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the flickering line in one of my projects and it was only on 1080x1080 sequence. My project included a clip in 16x9 aspect ratio (3840x2160) which was also rendered in 1x1 aspect ratio (1080x1080). The workaround I found to get rid of the flickering line is to render the 16x9 sequence and in the render settings I set 1080 by 1080 resolution and source scaling set to scale to fill.

Edit: I also used an adjustment layer on top of the footage to make color correction with Lumetri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this??? I'm having the same issue. Wondering if it has been updated in the latest Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not addressed in the last .01 patch.  Adobe is aware of this issue and we are looking forward to releasing a fix for this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dead Adobe, the issue has become a pain while rendering videos for many of us. Please solve this at the earliest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this thread, Ran into this bug today and was scratching my head. Was making a vertical video at 1080-1920 and encountered this bug. Sure enough disabling basic color correction tab fixes issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, only when Blacks and Whites are reset in the adjustment layer the problem disappears.
So we now cannot use blacks and Whites edits anymore?
Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the adjustment layer over multiple clips?

You can move black/white via the Luma sliders in the color wheels tab also ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem using adobe cc 2019 (version 14.0.0.0). resetting lumetri color or even deleting thi fx didn't make any difference. neither did the change from "hardware acceleration" to "software only" i noticed however, that the problem occured solely where two or several clipc were stacked above each other. i ended up deleting all the unnecessary clips when the project was finished. that worked an took away those ugly white flickering bar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread but I'm having this issue whenever I try and render vertical videos for social media platforms. It's not just white glitches though, I'm getting multi-coloured ones. Seems to be just on the right hand side, only a couple of pixels in width but all the way down, and only appears on some clips. I've tried rendering using the CPU instead of CUDA and it didn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines